* [9fans] Well supported Video Card?
@ 2002-11-11 10:05 eatthepi
From: eatthepi @ 2002-11-11 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

The research group I work for is planning to buy a new graphics card for
a pentium class compaq to run plan9.  I've looked over the list of
supported cards in the wiki documentation.  I was wondering what the
newsgoup's opinion was on the best / most supported card.
I figure if we're going to buy something new, it might as well be a
well-supported card.
Note: We're limited to PCI only since the system has no ISA or AGP slots.
Thanks a bunch,
eatthepi

* Re: [9fans] Well supported Video Card?
@ 2002-11-12 11:37 ` Douglas A. Gwyn
From: Douglas A. Gwyn @ 2002-11-12 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Nvidia's GEForce 2 cards work well *and* support America's Army,
3D Global Explorer, etc. in case you want to set up Windows in
another partition for dual booting.

* Re: [9fans] Well supported Video Card?
@ 2002-11-11 10:47 athiele
From: athiele @ 2002-11-11 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I have had great success with Nvidia, I use the TNT2, Never had any configuration issues, or bizzare third-party dirver or tweaking. You can get them with 32MB, that`s what I use. I can`t really see the need of getting a card with
higher capabilies . That said, you maywant to go  abit higher. Especially if your employer pays. Companies tend go slowly upgrading hardware.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1942 bytes --]