* Fwd: Re: [9front] patch smtp: ignore unrecognized certificates
@ 2020-07-21 12:59 Steffen Nurpmeso
From: Steffen Nurpmeso @ 2020-07-21 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ori, 9front

Hey.

Well, and Yandex did not allow this due to

  s-nail: SMTP: unexpected status from server: 554 5.7.1 [2] Message rejected under suspicion of SPAM; https://ya.cc/1IrBc 1595335888-OnBurogmkK-pRiau6wO

Which never happened before.

--- Forwarded from Steffen Nurpmeso <sdaoden@yandex.com> ---
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2020 14:51:27 +0200
From: Steffen Nurpmeso <sdaoden@yandex.com>
To: ori@eigenstate.org
Cc: 9front@9front.org
Subject: Re: [9front] patch smtp: ignore unrecognized certificates

Hello.

Sorry for the late replies, i was already on my way out yesterday,
after lots of trouble with my GMail account.  (Actually it is
still not working, somehow it is i who get stuttering before
heartbeat, forward account names in address lines of normally sent
out mails, thus revealing them, and now stuff like

  s-nail: TLS connection using TLSv1.3 / TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384
  s-nail: >>> SERVER: 220 smtp.gmail.com ESMTP q24sm17507947edg.51 - gsmtp
  s-nail: *smtp-config*: using ehlo extension
  s-nail: >>> EHLO gmail.com
  s-nail: >>> SERVER: 250-smtp.gmail.com at your service, [217.144.132.164]
  s-nail: >>> SERVER: 250-SIZE 35882577
  s-nail: >>> SERVER: 250-8BITMIME
  s-nail: >>> SERVER: 250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN XOAUTH2 PLAIN-CLIENTTOKEN OAUTHBEARER XOAUTH
  s-nail: SMTP: authentication: skipping PLAIN-CLIENTTOKEN
  s-nail: SMTP: authentication: skipping XOAUTH
  s-nail: >>> SERVER: 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
  s-nail: >>> SERVER: 250-PIPELINING
  s-nail: >>> SERVER: 250-CHUNKING
  s-nail: >>> SERVER: 250 SMTPUTF8
  s-nail: *smtp-config*: using pipelining extension
  s-nail: *smtp-config*: using auth extension
  s-nail: SMTP: authentication: selecting PLAIN
  s-nail: >>> AUTH PLAIN ..........
  s-nail: >>> MAIL FROM:<sdaoden@gmail.com>
  s-nail: >>> RCPT TO:<steffen@sdaoden.eu>
  s-nail: >>> DATA
  s-nail: >>> SERVER: 534-5.7.14 <https://accounts.google.com/signin/continue?sarp=1&scc=1&plt=AKgnsbv
  s-nail: SMTP: unexpected status from server: 534-5.7.14 <https://accounts.google.com/signin/continue?sarp=1&scc=1&plt=AKgnsbv
  s-nail: ... message not sent

Without pipeling

  s-nail: SMTP: authentication: selecting PLAIN
  s-nail: >>> AUTH PLAIN ..........
  s-nail: >>> SERVER: 534-5.7.14 <https://accounts.google.com/signin/continue?sarp=1&scc=1&plt=AKgnsbt

And yesterday i even had

  s-nail: TLS connection using TLSv1.3 / TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384
  s-nail: >>> SERVER: 220 smtp.gmail.com ESMTP x4sm15187242eju.2 - gsmtp
  s-nail: *smtp-config*: using ehlo extension
  s-nail: >>> EHLO gmail.com
  s-nail: >>> SERVER: 250-smtp.gmail.com at your service, [217.144.132.164]
  s-nail: >>> SERVER: 250-SIZE 35882577
  s-nail: >>> SERVER: 250-8BITMIME
  s-nail: >>> SERVER: 250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN XOAUTH2 PLAIN-CLIENTTOKEN OAUTHBEARER XOAUTH
  s-nail: SMTP: authentication: skipping PLAIN-CLIENTTOKEN
  s-nail: SMTP: authentication: skipping XOAUTH
  s-nail: >>> SERVER: 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
  s-nail: >>> SERVER: 250-PIPELINING
  s-nail: >>> SERVER: 250-CHUNKING
  s-nail: >>> SERVER: 250 SMTPUTF8
  s-nail: *smtp-config*: using pipelining extension
  s-nail: *smtp-config*: using auth extension
  s-nail: SMTP: authentication: selecting PLAIN
  s-nail: >>> AUTH PLAIN ..........
  s-nail: >>> MAIL FROM:<sdaoden@gmail.com>
  s-nail: >>> RCPT TO:<steffen@sdaoden.eu>
  s-nail: >>> DATA
  s-nail: >>> SERVER: 451 4.5.0 SMTP protocol violation, see RFC 2821 x4sm15187242eju.2 - gsmtp
  s-nail: SMTP: unexpected status from server: 451 4.5.0 SMTP protocol violation, see RFC 2821 x4sm15187242eju.2 - gsmtp
  s-nail: ... message not sent

I mean, that really sucks, you know.
It seems they are in the process of forbidding any non-OAUTH2
based authentication, but still advertising PLAIN, as can be seen.
I hate it.

But even more i hate it that i have found out that the socks-proxy
support of my MUA did not actually support TLS encrypted channels.
;-()

ori@eigenstate.org wrote in
<8ACD8978E36CCF9C48952CB2FEE6557C@eigenstate.org>:
 |> P.S.: several times i tried to contact Stanley Lieber in the past,
 |> but never got a response.  If this mail gets through (quite some
 |> did not in the past), would you mind changing my address to
 |> steffen@@sdaoden.eu, please?  Thank you!!
 |
 |Also -- you should be able to just resubscribe, no?

Interesting idea.  I will try soon.
I surely did that in the past though, i am subscribed for at least
5, 6, 7 years and sent out my "if this mail does not get through
i will try no more, Stanley" mail at least 3 or 4 years back. :)

--steffen

|(By Robert Gernhardt)

 -- End forward <20200721125127.QS3ta%sdaoden@yandex.com>

--steffen

|(By Robert Gernhardt)

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-07-21 12:59 UTC | newest]