* Re: [9front] Re: vncv(1): support for RFB 3.8
       [not found] <CABJnqBR7QoJVOVkgpi-jr1-2NgJ1NsTq5ha_hsuq7oNTfiJAnA@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2020-09-22 20:46 ` ori
From: ori @ 2020-09-22 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: iru.muzgo, ori; +Cc: 9front

>> > Thanks for pinging -- I haven't tested it yet. Just wondering,
>> > does this solve any problems, or make any user-visible difference?
>>
>> To put it another way, what prompted writing the patch?
>>

> I did it to be able to connect to a screen shared via gnome on Linux, which
> is not currently possible.
>
> The change also makes it possible to connect to FreeBSD's bhyve vnc server.
> Thanks kvik for suggesting that test.

Sounds good to me. Will look over the RFC in the next couple of days.

* Re: [9front] Re: vncv(1): support for RFB 3.8
@ 2020-09-22 23:31           ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2020-09-22 23:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

i agree srvversion == 38 is clearer. clearly he has spent effort
minimizing this to achieve maximal expressiveness with least
redundency.

       [not found]       ` <CABJnqBRGr4cjFJsnuSjEUjHWtRyvDd2Pq9xZ=2Xn3jOziWKEiw@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2020-09-22 23:10         ` Silas McCroskey
From: Silas McCroskey @ 2020-09-22 23:10 UTC (permalink / raw)