From: "Steve Simon" <steve@quintile.net>
To: 9front@9front.org
Subject: Re: [9front] fossil?
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 10:38:28 +0000

Not that big, I have a 1Gbyte for Venti and 1Gbyte for fossil,
I cannot remember the exact split, I followed some advice from russ
when I first set it up.

There are some details in the appendix to this doc:

http://www.quintile.net/papers/venti-rescue.pdf

I wrote this years ago when I had some disks fail.
My plan9 server was in the attic at the time and I fitted
some extra cooling fans as it gets very hot in the summer.
In the winter the disks go so cold they failed, hence the need for rescue.

These days I have ssds which are less vunerable to the weather.

-Steve