* Ports Tree utilities inclusion into 9front
@ 2015-10-28 22:50 mveety
From: mveety @ 2015-10-28 22:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I want the core ports tree[1] utilities added to /rc/bin/.
It doesn't really have many users currently (I think) because it's hard for users to find and
use. While I don't want the entire ports tree added, I would like the ports utilities
(ports/setup, ports/install, ports/update) included into 9front with the manpage ports(8).
This shit will be optional (you never have to use it), but it's there if someone needs it.

--
Veety

[1] http://bitbucket.org/mveety/9front-ports

* Re: [9front] Ports Tree utilities inclusion into 9front
@ 2015-10-29  0:20 ` Kurt H Maier
From: Kurt H Maier @ 2015-10-29  0:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 06:50:33PM -0400, mveety@mveety.com wrote:
> I want the core ports tree[1] utilities added to /rc/bin/.
> It doesn't really have many users currently (I think) because it's hard for users to find and
> use. While I don't want the entire ports tree added, I would like the ports utilities
> (ports/setup, ports/install, ports/update) included into 9front with the manpage ports(8).
> This shit will be optional (you never have to use it), but it's there if someone needs it.

I'm not a priori opposed to this inclusion, but why not just put
ports/ in your contrib, and then we can include it in the fqa?

khm