* Re: [9front] [new] propaganda
@ 2018-08-06 23:57 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2018-08-06 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

>	http://d.hatena.ne.jp/banriman

Yes, it is a scene of Japanese Yamabushi-like people.

Catholic, hmm, very similar to our 'Yamabushi'.

Kenji

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1669 bytes --]

From: sl@stanleylieber.com
To: 9front@9front.org
Subject: Re: [9front] [new] propaganda
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2018 19:50:20 -0400

> I have much quriosity on the picture itself!
> What the picture is?

The caption on tumblr indicated this was a Catholic priest blessing
Italian troops, in the Alps, during WWII.  There were no more specifics
than that.

> I, at first grance, felt a 'Yamabushi' is excersising on a mountain, because
> his costume is very familier to me as a 'Yamabushi' in Japan.
> However, his face is not so resemble to ordinary Japanese.
> Who is the 'Yamabushi'?

Sorry, no clue.

Speaking of mountain monks, you might be interested in this photo blog:

	http://d.hatena.ne.jp/banriman

sl

* Re: [9front] [new] propaganda
@ 2018-08-06 23:51 sl
From: sl @ 2018-08-06 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> during WWII

Sorry, that should have read WWI.

sl

* Re: [9front] [new] propaganda
@ 2018-08-06 23:50 sl
From: sl @ 2018-08-06 23:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

@ 2018-08-06 23:42 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2018-08-06 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I have much quriosity on the picture itself!
What the picture is?

I, at first grance, felt a 'Yamabushi' is excersising on a mountain, because
his costume is very familier to me as a 'Yamabushi' in Japan.
However, his face is not so resemble to ordinary Japanese.
Who is the 'Yamabushi'?
Is it a scene of a motion picture?

Sorry all. off the topic...

Kenji

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1143 bytes --]

From: sl@stanleylieber.com
To: 9front@9front.org
Subject: [9front] [new] propaganda
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2018 17:58:43 -0400