* drawterm deadkeys / XIM support
@ 2017-03-14 23:57 Julius Schmidt
From: Julius Schmidt @ 2017-03-14 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Dead keys didn't work as intended, a recent commit adds support for grave,
acute, circumflex and tilde; but they don't function as dead keys.
To get proper dead key support we would need XIM support, which doesn't
seem terribly difficult to do with Xlib, but I'm not sure it's worth
adding since I don't know anyone that would use XIM with drawterm.

So if anyone is interested in having deadkeys or other X input chicanery
(like the crazy CJK input mechanisms) working in drawterm, please speak
up.

Related. There are like 8 more dead accents that I was too lazy to look
the unicode equivalents up.
They're documented in https://www.x.org/docs/XKB/XKBproto.pdf Appendix
C.1.5 on page C-3 (page 119 in the pdf).

The full list is:

254 80 DEAD GRAVE ACCENT
254 81 DEAD ACUTE ACCENT
254 82 DEAD CIRCUMFLEX
254 83 DEAD TILDE
254 84 DEAD MACRON
254 85 DEAD BREVE
254 86 DEAD DOT ABOVE
254 87 DEAD DIAERESIS
254 88 DEAD RING ABOVE
254 89 DEAD DOUBLE ACUTE ACCENT
254 90 DEAD CARON
254 91 DEAD CEDILLA
254 92 DEAD OGONEK
254 93 DEAD IOTA
254 94 DEAD VOICED SOUND
254 95 DEAD SEMI VOICED SOUND
254 96 DEAD DOT BELOW

If anyone wants to complete the translation table in drawterm, please go
ahead.

* Re: [9front] drawterm deadkeys / XIM support
@ 2017-03-17  4:53 ` kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2017-03-17  4:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> So if anyone is interested in having deadkeys or other X input chicanery
> (like the crazy CJK input mechanisms) working in drawterm, please speak
> up.

いやー実はXIMなんて不要なのよ
今Ubuntu 16,04+drawtermで日本語入力してるんだけど
ただktranを使ってるだけ
(No, we don't need XIM to use Japanese on drawterm for Ubuntu 16.04)

Kenji

* Re: [9front] drawterm deadkeys / XIM support
@ 2017-03-18 14:56 ` jamos
From: jamos @ 2017-03-18 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front