From: sirjofri <sirjofri+ml-9front@sirjofri.de>
To: 9front@9front.org
Subject: Re: [9front] Re: Death of user "mycroftiv"
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 07:16:59 +0000 (UTC)	[thread overview]

21.07.2022 08:39:58 Eli Cohen <echoline@gmail.com>:

> well, you're right. I still like you better than northernlights anyway
> though, but not as much as I liked mycroftiv
>>
>> This person was kind enough to reach out and provide some context and
>> information we didn't previously have.   Please stop bikeshedding
>> their
>> words and just be grateful for the information.  Try to value the
>> honesty instead of this performative tone policing.  If you just can't
>> hold it in, go blog about it.

I want to add that northernlights surely knew mycroftiv better than most
of us, at least, his real-life part. I only know of one person (on grid)
who had a phone call with him. So I can't say who he was in real life,
how he behaved, what he did. I only know his view he presented in chat,
as well as his online presence, which is only just a fragment of his
personality.

A big part of this fragment will live on in our hearts and on our
servers, and who knows, maybe this fragment is part of what he wanted to
be? But that's also only speculation.

I'm not the emotional guy myself, and I can't say that I'll miss him
(emotionally) or that it's sad (emotionally), because I'm just not that
person(1). But I can still understand all people who go through this as I
had quite deep experiences with the deaths of people close to me.

I hope we can live through this and support each other where needed.

For the people who were close to him in real life and feel bad and
depressed because of his death, I just hope they're not alone and not
hated for it. I hope they can live on normally at some point.

sirjofri,
who wrote lots of walls of texts with mycroftiv on gridchat back when I
started using 9 for real.

(1) of course it is sad when someone dies, and I'll miss him here and
there. I'll just not have many tears about it. Don't get me wrong.

PS: I hope you can understand my English. In the thread there were some
passages I had to translate because I didn't understand them properly,
and it's a quite heavy topic.