* Newcomer with Raspberry pi 1
@ 2020-05-18 22:36 Txus Ordorika
From: Txus Ordorika @ 2020-05-18 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Hello!

Nice to meet y'all. A newcomer here.

I have a spare raspberry pi 1 at home, and I decided to use it with 9front. I see there are some precompiled images at download secion, so I tried [1]. This image leads to a couple of suicides, and the system gets unresponsive before I can do anything. Is there something I could do to avoid that?

The screenshot [2] shows the error. I'm posting this as described in section 8.2.9.1 from the manual.

Manual recommends to cross compile a image, but I assume that must be done from 9plan, right?

Thanks for your time

[1] http://9front.org/iso/9front-7408.1d345066125a.pi.img.gz
[2] https://ttm.sh/QDa.jpeg
--
Txus Ordorika

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
-George Orwell-

* Re: [9front] Newcomer with Raspberry pi 1
@ 2020-05-20  2:03 ` Jacob Adams
From: Jacob Adams @ 2020-05-20  2:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I have a B+ lying around so I tried the latest image and got the same error. However, I created a new image with the latest 9front and had no issues on my B+.

So I guess you’ll need to compile from another machine or wait for new images. Or perhaps try an old image and then update using the instructions on the website?

Jacob

@ 2020-05-20  5:28   ` Txus Ordorika
From: Txus Ordorika @ 2020-05-20  5:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

From: cinap_lenrek @ 2020-05-20  5:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

yes. the latest released image has a known problem on the pi1.
it has already been fixed. i just dont got any time to make a
new release yet.

in the meantime, you can try to use this unofficial kernel:

http://felloff.net/usr/cinap_lenrek/9pi

download and copy into the fat partition of the sdcard image
should fix it.

--
cinap

* Re: [9front] Newcomer with Raspberry pi 1
@ 2020-06-01 13:15     ` Txus Ordorika
From: Txus Ordorika @ 2020-06-01 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Apologies for the late response. Forgive my manners.

Your solution worked. Thanks.

(I deleted the rest of the email since I noticed almost no one inserted previous comments here. Sorry if I haven´t read the netiquette for this mailing list)