* rio too heavily optimized ;)
@ 2019-04-16 11:00 Ethan Gardener
From: Ethan Gardener @ 2019-04-16 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

When the console (or crazy rogue programs I may have experimented with) draws text over Rio windows, it was formerly possible to click the border with buttons 1 or 3 to get the window redrawn.  It doesn't work any more.  This is a plain text rio window with only a couple of lines of text, the over-drawing occured below the window's text. Neither covering up the window nor scrolling forced a redraw.  The only thing I found to work is moving the window.

--
First you'll have to know some things: how to turn the computer on and off (odd hours), how to enter and display data from the console switches, and how to avoid damaging data stored on disk. You may have to corner operators or engineers to discover such information; it is so rarely of interest it doesn't get written down.

* Re: [9front] rio too heavily optimized ;)
@ 2019-04-16 15:53 ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2019-04-16 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

you might also notice that rio is a lot more responsive over high
latency connections than it was before all these changes.

* Re: [9front] rio too heavily optimized ;)
@ 2019-04-16 15:59 ` BurnZeZ
From: BurnZeZ @ 2019-04-16 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On Tue Apr 16 11:00:23 GMT 2019, eekee57@fastmail.fm wrote:
> When the console (or crazy rogue programs I may have experimented with) draws text over Rio windows, it was formerly possible to click the border with buttons 1 or 3 to get the window redrawn.  It doesn't work any more.  This is a plain text rio window with only a couple of lines of text, the over-drawing occured below the window's text. Neither covering up the window nor scrolling forced a redraw.  The only thing I found to work is moving the window.

You may find the attached command more useful for re-drawing (unless you’re using drawterm).

#!/bin/rc
grep softscreen /dev/vgactl >/dev/vgactl

* Re: [9front] rio too heavily optimized ;)
@ 2019-04-20 11:38   ` Ethan Gardener
From: Ethan Gardener @ 2019-04-20 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On Tue, Apr 16, 2019, at 4:53 PM, hiro wrote:
> you might also notice that rio is a lot more responsive over high
> latency connections than it was before all these changes.

Ah, that's good.  I withdraw my claims of excess. :)

On Tue, Apr 16, 2019, at 5:00 PM, BurnZeZ@feline.systems wrote:
> You may find the attached command more useful for re-drawing (unless you’re using drawterm).
> #!/bin/rc
> grep softscreen /dev/vgactl >/dev/vgactl

Thanks, that will be less bother than refreshing windows individually.