* [Caml-list] converting ocaml libraries to bucklescript
@ 2016-10-13 18:59 Martin DeMello
From: Martin DeMello @ 2016-10-13 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I'm just starting to explore bucklescript, and from what I can gather, any
libraries you want to use with it have to be checked out as source and
compiled via bucklescript too. What are other people doing - copying
sources into their project tree and compiling in one go, or compiling the
libraries as separate npm packages and then depending on them?

I found https://github.com/npm-ml but there are very few libraries in
there, and when I looked at yojson it just seemed to be a fork of the main
project with no changes. Is there some other place people are collecting
libraries they have converted to npm, or forked and added bucklescript
build files for?

martin

* Re: [Caml-list] converting ocaml libraries to bucklescript
@ 2016-10-14 10:17 ` Roma Sokolov
From: Roma Sokolov @ 2016-10-14 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin DeMello; +Cc: caml-list

Hi Martin,

Just for the record — there is an issue about this on github — https://github.com/bloomberg/bucklescript/issues/706 <https://github.com/bloomberg/bucklescript/issues/706>.

As far as I understand, currently there is no other way apart from what you’ve described.

Roma

@ 2016-10-14 14:04 Hongbo Zhang (BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEX)
From: Hongbo Zhang (BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEX) @ 2016-10-14 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: martindemello; +Cc: caml-list

Hi Martin, we are working on a build tool for BuckleScript,
it should come out soon. At the same time, we will support OPAM in the future, there are some technical challenges: in JS world, ES6 module system is path sensitive, so we might only support google module system under OPAM -- Hongbo
From: martindemello@gmail.com At: 10/13/16 15:00:00
To: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re:[Caml-list] converting ocaml libraries to bucklescript

Hi,