* [Caml-list] dynamic HTML pages
@ 2003-04-08  7:27 David Monniaux
From: David Monniaux @ 2003-04-08  7:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Liste CAML

Hello,

I'm investigating solutions for generating dynamic HTML pages using OCaml
programs. So far, I've looked at the following systems:

* OCamlNet/NetString can transform between a SGML/HTML parse tree and a
  SGML/HTML file.

  This may be a solution; perhaps it would be better if there were some
  camlp4 syntactic sugar for creating the parse tree nodes.

  Slight concern: the entire page must be fully generated between being
  transmitted.

* Bedouin: interesting attempt at enforcing well-formedness through type
  safety, but the project seems dead in the water.

* WDialog: isn't it a bit of overkill?

* Antoine Miné's OCamlHTML: a bit rudimentary.

Are there projects that I missed? Any experience?

David Monniaux            http://www.di.ens.fr/~monniaux
Laboratoire d'informatique de l'École Normale Supérieure,
Paris, France