* [Caml-list] Any library to access .net assemblies ?
@ 2003-10-01 15:23 Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2003-10-01 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

I am participating in the Xtatic project
(http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/xtatic/index.html), and I was
wondering if there was any ocaml library to access .net assemblies. I'm
particularly interested by the methods and classed exported from
an assembly.

Alan Schmitt

--
The hacker: someone who figured things out and made something cool happen.

* Re: [Caml-list] Any library to access .net assemblies ?
@ 2003-10-01 15:51 ` Alain.Frisch
From: Alain.Frisch @ 2003-10-01 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Schmitt; +Cc: caml-list

Hello Alan,

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Alan Schmitt wrote:

> I am participating in the Xtatic project
> (http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/xtatic/index.html), and I was
> wondering if there was any ocaml library to access .net assemblies. I'm
> particularly interested by the methods and classed exported from
> an assembly.

Have a look at Don Syme's Abstract IL:

http://research.microsoft.com/projects/ilx/absil.aspx

Cheers,

Alain

* Re: [Caml-list] Any library to access .net assemblies ?
@ 2003-10-01 16:17   ` Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2003-10-01 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alain.Frisch; +Cc: caml-list

* Alain.Frisch@ens.fr (Alain.Frisch@ens.fr) wrote:
> Hello Alan,
>
> On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Alan Schmitt wrote:
>
> > I am participating in the Xtatic project
> > (http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/xtatic/index.html), and I was
> > wondering if there was any ocaml library to access .net assemblies. I'm
> > particularly interested by the methods and classed exported from
> > an assembly.
>
> Have a look at Don Syme's Abstract IL:
>
> http://research.microsoft.com/projects/ilx/absil.aspx

Thanks a lot, this looks great ... except that it is compiled code, and
my ocaml installation changes too often to use it. I'm going to try to
see if the source is available.

Thanks again,

Alan

--

@ 2003-10-02 10:09     ` Fabrice Le Fessant
From: Fabrice Le Fessant @ 2003-10-02 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Schmitt; +Cc: Alain.Frisch, caml-list

>  > http://research.microsoft.com/projects/ilx/absil.aspx
>
>  Thanks a lot, this looks great ... except that it is compiled code, and
>  my ocaml installation changes too often to use it. I'm going to try to
>  see if the source is available.

It is used in F#, so you can probably find the sources in the sources of f#.

- Fabrice