* [Caml-list] IoXML goes on...
@ 2002-02-04 10:39 Daniel de Rauglaudre
From: Daniel de Rauglaudre @ 2002-02-04 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi all,

I just released version 0.4 of IoXML. See the file CHANGES to see what
happened this week-end:
   http://cristal.inria.fr/~ddr/IoXML/

   ---

IoXML is a Camlp4 syntax extension for OCaml mli and ml files which
generates XML parsers and printers for all types you define. It offers
a kind of input_value/output_value but in XML instead of binary.
Useful to export your data to other programs, or to save it, to debug
by traces, to be fashionable, and so on...

--
Daniel de RAUGLAUDRE
daniel.de_rauglaudre@inria.fr

* Re: [Caml-list] IoXML goes on...
@ 2002-02-04 11:50 ` Markus Mottl
From: Markus Mottl @ 2002-02-04 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel de Rauglaudre; +Cc: caml-list

On Mon, 04 Feb 2002, Daniel de Rauglaudre wrote:
> IoXML is a Camlp4 syntax extension for OCaml mli and ml files which
> generates XML parsers and printers for all types you define. It offers
> a kind of input_value/output_value but in XML instead of binary.
> Useful to export your data to other programs, or to save it, to debug
> by traces, to be fashionable, and so on...

Do you also already have a syntax extension that generates parsers and
printers for data in OCaml-syntax? This would be extremely useful to
many people, especially if one isn't particularly keen on XML... ;)

Thanks for your work!

Regards,
Markus Mottl

--
Markus Mottl                                             markus@oefai.at
Austrian Research Institute

* Re: [Caml-list] IoXML goes on...
@ 2002-02-04 12:08   ` Daniel de Rauglaudre
From: Daniel de Rauglaudre @ 2002-02-04 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 12:50:15PM +0100, Markus Mottl wrote:

> Do you also already have a syntax extension that generates parsers and
> printers for data in OCaml-syntax? This would be extremely useful to
> many people, especially if one isn't particularly keen on XML... ;)

It does not exist but I can do that, I am going to look at it...

--

@ 2002-02-04 12:18 ` Stefano Zacchiroli
From: Stefano Zacchiroli @ 2002-02-04 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 11:39:02AM +0100, Daniel de Rauglaudre wrote:
> I just released version 0.4 of IoXML. See the file CHANGES to see what
> happened this week-end:
>    http://cristal.inria.fr/~ddr/IoXML/

I tested IoXML 0.1 and I found it quite amazing, so I also build up the
corresponding debian package and I'm wondering if or not upload such a
little package in the overcrowded debian archive.

So I would like to know if there is intention to add this syntax
extension (and possibly others) written in camlp4 to the official OCaml
distribution.

TIA,
Cheers.

--
Stefano "Zack" Zacchiroli <zack@cs.unibo.it> ICQ# 33538863
Home Page: http://www.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 232 bytes --]

* Re: [Caml-list] IoXML goes on...
@ 2002-02-04 15:01   ` Daniel de Rauglaudre
From: Daniel de Rauglaudre @ 2002-02-04 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 01:18:01PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> I tested IoXML 0.1 and I found it quite amazing, so I also build up the
> corresponding debian package and I'm wondering if or not upload such a
> little package in the overcrowded debian archive.
>
> So I would like to know if there is intention to add this syntax
> extension (and possibly others) written in camlp4 to the official OCaml
> distribution.

I am thinking of it. In the first beginning, I considered that it was
not really a part of the compiler (XML is not OCaml), but this
morning, I used it to trace my data, and I saw that it could be useful
for debugging: in this case, it may have its place in Camlp4
distribution.

But I am still hesitating...

I am also thinking of Markus Mottl's request (print and parse in OCaml
syntax), as an option of IoXML or another program, it depends on how
the things can be shared. I am looking at it.