* [Caml-list] [Early announce] Text Mode Kit
@ 2002-03-19 13:30 Nicolas George
From: Nicolas George @ 2002-03-19 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Some weeks ago (who said "months"?), someone asked for a text mode
widget system, and I said that I had started such a project, and that I
would publish it in a few days. For a correct meaning of "few", this is
done.

http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/ocaml-tmk/

I have tested it under Linux/i586 and Solaris/sparc, and the part that
is done works.

The roadmap is now:

- fix a strange bug with dynamic loading (see this list soon)

- write a configuration ad build system

- implement more widgets

Remarks (and help) are welcome.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 237 bytes --]

* [Caml-list] Strange bug with dynamic loading (was: Text Mode Kit)
@ 2002-03-19 13:48 ` Nicolas George
From: Nicolas George @ 2002-03-19 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Le nonidi 29 ventôse, an CCX, Nicolas George a écrit :
> http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/ocaml-tmk/

This project has a binding for the curses library, and uses the dynamic

open Curses

let main () =
  let w = initscr () in
  assert (cbreak ());
  assert (noecho ());
  assert (move 3 4);
  hline 0 42;
  ignore (getch ());
  assert (move 4 5);
  hline 0 42;
  ignore (getch ());
  endwin ()

let () = main ()

everything works good. But if the first line with getch becomes

  let () = ignore (getch ()) in

the second horizontal lines becomes a line of `q'. Further experiments
show that in some cases, the ncurses library is totally confused after
the first refresh. The problem does not appears when the binding is
statically linked (-custom, -use-runtime or ocamlopt) (but still
dynamically linked to ncurses). All this happens on Linux/i386. On
Solaris/sparc, anything segfaults at startup.

Does anyone here understand what is happening?

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 237 bytes --]

* Re: [Caml-list] Strange bug with dynamic loading (was: Text Mode Kit)
@ 2002-03-19 14:06   ` Claudio Sacerdoti Coen
From: Claudio Sacerdoti Coen @ 2002-03-19 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas George; +Cc: caml-list

> Further experiments
> show that in some cases, the ncurses library is totally confused after
> the first refresh. The problem does not appears when the binding is
> statically linked (-custom, -use-runtime or ocamlopt) (but still
> dynamically linked to ncurses).

 Just the same happened to me recently. The problem was just
 a wrong cast (from Value to some C type) and the effects where the same.
 If the problem is the same, just check your C code over and over again.

 					Regards,
					C.S.C.