* [Caml-list] OCaml packaging problem resurrection: a "name"'s required
@ 2002-06-13 15:40 Stefano Zacchiroli
From: Stefano Zacchiroli @ 2002-06-13 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Camlers,
  we ocaml debian packagers are going to change the support
infrastracture to handle OCaml shared objects. Our old solution (put .so
in per module directories and patch ld.conf on the fly) has been
discussed here a while ago and we eventually agreed with the OCaml team
to change it in favor of putting all .so in one single directory.

We are asking to the OCaml dev team to suggest a default directory name
where put shared objects so that a "standard" can be reached among
distributions.
Proposed solutions were:
- /usr/lib/ocaml/shlibs
- /usr/lib/ocaml/libexec (proposed by Gerd Stolpmann and used by default
  by findlib's new release)
- ... anything else ...

TIA,
Cheers.