* [Caml-list] cdk
@ 2001-07-23 21:55 Oliver Bandel
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Oliver Bandel @ 2001-07-23 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

while looking for OCaml program-ressources/libraries,
I found a pdf, describing "cdk".
I have not found the cdk via links on the OCaml-Homepage,
but via google directly to this pdf.

Is the cdk (OCaml development kit) a "planned for the future"
and it was an accident, to find it via google?
The date of the dfocument was very new (MAy 2001)
and it seems to be not ready (Preface without text).

When will it be official available? (Or ist now?)

It looks very interesting; such a big library seems
to give massive power for the OCaml-programmer.

Is this (cdk) the end of Perl? ;-)

Ciao,
   Oliver

* Re: [Caml-list] cdk
@ 2001-07-26 20:46 Krishnaswami, Neel
From: Krishnaswami, Neel @ 2001-07-26 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'caml-list@inria.fr'

John Max Skaller [mailto:skaller@maxtal.com.au] wrote:

> > > Note that the cdk doesn't offer any new libraries; it is merely a
> > > compilation of existing libraries and tools in a single
> > > package, the kind that seems to make business folks happy.
> >
> > It makes OCaml-newbies (like me) happy too, because it's not so
> > easy to find a lot of libraries out there.
> > And why to reinvent the wheel?
>
> It makes me happy too, because I can use it in products
> I want to distribute, and people can download CDK and
> get ocaml and all the libraries in one hit. That's important,
> especially if it's only part of a larger toolset.

How does one contribute to the CDK? I have a couple of packages
that I'd like to make available (including one miraculously
simple implementation of balanced binary trees[*]), and I'm
curious what to email where and how I should document it.

[*] Randomized treaps. This is the only balanced tree structure
I've seen for which I can remember how to write a deletion function
off the top of my head, without any complex case analysis.

--
Neel Krishnaswami
neelk@cswcasa.com

* [Caml-list] cdk
@ 2003-06-15 13:56 adc
From: adc @ 2003-06-15 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,
  Could anyone tell me the status of the Caml Development Kit?
The on-line documentation linked at
http://pauillac.inria.fr/cdk/newdoc/htmlman/cdk_toc.html
linked to from ocaml.org seems to have been last updated in 2001.
Looking at the mailing list archives it seems to be mostly spam since around the middle of 2002.

Allan

* Re: [Caml-list] cdk
@ 2003-06-15 14:50 adc
From: adc @ 2003-06-15 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: maxence.guesdon; +Cc: caml-list

I see, thank you for the reply, I guess I should have searched the archives more.

Allan