* re : [Caml-list] The CDK looks marvelous... but...
@ 2002-07-04 11:41 berke
From: berke @ 2002-07-04 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dmason, caml-list

I agree. I experienced similar problems with CDK. I just wanted
the X11 code. Had lot of problems, I thought that it didn't
like OpenBSD, I tried on Linux. Also, having to recompile Ocaml
isn't very convenient, and it's tricky to compile CDK with an
already compiled Ocaml (I didn't manage... I haven't spent a full
week on it, though).

So I'd really like to have a CDK that compiles easily and cleanly on
a UNIX box, and that doesn't need a specific Ocaml version. I mean,
patching the compiler to install a X lib doesn't sound good to me.
--
Berke

* Re: re : [Caml-list] The CDK looks marvelous... but...
@ 2002-07-04 16:15 ` Alexander V. Voinov
From: Alexander V. Voinov @ 2002-07-04 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: berke; +Cc: dmason, caml-list

Hi

berke@altern.org wrote:

> I agree.

I agree with you both. Though I succeeded in recompiling the _full_ CDK
both on Solaris and Linux (never tried win32), it doesn't even approach
the ease and integratedness of Python(+distutils). Though the collection
itself is of course great.

Alexander