* [Caml-list] who wants to use swig?
@ 2011-01-04 17:43 Joel Reymont
From: Joel Reymont @ 2011-01-04 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Folks,

Is there a large number of people here wanting to use SWIG bindings for OCaml?

Do you all wrap large-surface APIs manually and are happy doing so?

	Thanks, Joel

---
http://wagerlabs.com | @wagerlabs | http://www.linkedin.com/in/joelreymont

* Re: [Caml-list] who wants to use swig?
@ 2011-01-04 18:09 ` Adrien
From: Adrien @ 2011-01-04 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Reymont; +Cc: caml-list

Hi,

At least graphviz-ocaml relies on SWIG. I know it, I've just had the
same issue as you did when trying to get an ocaml-enabled swig.

I was thinking about falling back to the "dumb" command-line interface
of graphviz (meaning calling external binaries) but if you need
testing, I can also try your patch(es).

Regards,

Adrien Nader

@ 2011-01-04 18:43 ` Hezekiah M. Carty
From: Hezekiah M. Carty @ 2011-01-04 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Reymont; +Cc: caml-list

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 12:43 PM, Joel Reymont <joelr1@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a large number of people here wanting to use SWIG bindings for OCaml?
>
> Do you all wrap large-surface APIs manually and are happy doing so?

I would like to use SWIG.  That said, for the range of functions it
works for, camlidl seems to provide much cleaner bindings to C
libraries than SWIG.  If SWIG could be used to create similarly clean
bindings without requiring a syntax extension or very verbose OCaml
code then it would be much more attractive.

Hez

* Re: [Caml-list] who wants to use swig?
@ 2011-01-04 21:09   ` Joel Reymont
From: Joel Reymont @ 2011-01-04 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexy Khrabrov; +Cc: rubyfan, caml-list

These are not bindings to zeromq.

Thanks for the pointers, though!

On Jan 4, 2011, at 8:58 PM, Alexy Khrabrov wrote:

> Are you aware of Mauricio's amazing
>
> http://eigenclass.org/R2/writings/ocamlmq-release
>
> -- which uses his own type-safe bindings for SQLite,
>
> https://github.com/mfp/ocaml-sqlexpr

---

@ 2011-01-04 20:58 ` Alexy Khrabrov
From: Alexy Khrabrov @ 2011-01-04 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rubyfan; +Cc: caml-list

Are you aware of Mauricio's amazing

http://eigenclass.org/R2/writings/ocamlmq-release

-- which uses his own type-safe bindings for SQLite,

https://github.com/mfp/ocaml-sqlexpr

? (Just checking:)

-- Alexy

@ 2011-01-04 20:55 rubyfan