* [Caml-list] What is the safe subset of OCaml?
@ 2011-04-12 18:19 John Carr
From: John Carr @ 2011-04-12 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

What must be removed from OCaml to get a safe subset of the language?
There is a proof that a smaller language is safe (Rémy 2000).  I don't
know the full difference between that smaller language and the one we
have today.  In the standard library, Obj, Marshal, and everything with
unsafe in the name are unsafe.  External functions are unsafe.  Programs
may overflow the system stack.  Am I missing anything?

My recollection from a previous discussion is that polymorphic
exceptions are safe in programs but may crash the pretty printer
in the toplevel.

* Re: [Caml-list] What is the safe subset of OCaml?
@ 2011-04-12 18:21 ` Raoul Duke
From: Raoul Duke @ 2011-04-12 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OCaml

http://www.skyhunter.com/marcs/emilyWalnut.html