* [Caml-list] Constraint Inference of a poly-type variable in a class-method
@ 2015-12-01  9:31 Christoph Höger
From: Christoph Höger @ 2015-12-01  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml users

Dear all,

As a way to work-around my latest scalability issues, I want to attach a
polymorphic method to a class with this functionality:

let f t = t#s
val f : < s : 'a; .. > -> 'a

I know I can write:

object method f = f end ;;

and

class x = object method f : 'a 'b . (<s : 'a; ..> as 'b) -> 'a = f end ;;

However, the constraint might be somewhat larger, so I want it to be
inferred. Is there a way to have the compiler infer a constraint on a
poly-type variable?

regards,

Christoph

--
Christoph Höger

Technische Universität Berlin
Fakultät IV - Elektrotechnik und Informatik
Übersetzerbau und Programmiersprachen

Sekr. TEL12-2, Ernst-Reuter-Platz 7, 10587 Berlin

Tel.: +49 (30) 314-24890
E-Mail: christoph.hoeger@tu-berlin.de