* [Caml-list] OCaml opportunities in London
@ 2014-11-06 11:32 tcamps
From: tcamps @ 2014-11-06 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Bonjour,

OCaml is a fantastic language with huge potential which is only unlocked by a
few London-based companies. I have a client which is exploring the application
of programming using OCaml in the development of algebra representation for
financial instruments. You will have the opportunity to introduce the language
and train others who have a passion for functional programming.

Unfortunately I have to limit the details I provide about this position via
email. However, anyone who is interested please do get in touch in reply to
this message and we can have an informal conversation to see if there is
interest in both sides.

An ideal candidate would have a background in good programming principles
(perhaps C or C++) but a desire to work in OCaml for the future. The salary
limit will be around £100,000.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Tony

* Re: [Caml-list] OCaml opportunities in London
@ 2014-11-06 11:40 ` Jeremy Yallop
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Jeremy Yallop @ 2014-11-06 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tcamps; +Cc: Caml List

On 6 November 2014 11:32,  <tcamps@teksystems.com> wrote:
> OCaml is a fantastic language with huge potential which is only unlocked by a
> few London-based companies. I have a client which is exploring the application
> of programming using OCaml in the development of algebra representation for
> financial instruments.

There's a dedicated mailing list for job-related postings:
ocaml-jobs@inria.fr.  It might be worth posting there as well.

* Re: [Caml-list] OCaml opportunities in London
@ 2014-11-06 12:31   ` Chingfan Tsao
From: Chingfan Tsao @ 2014-11-06 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Caml List

Just out of curious, is the job mailing list actually being used? Since I
found I've been on the list for quit a while but haven't received any info
yet.

> On 6 November 2014 11:32,  <tcamps@teksystems.com> wrote:
> > OCaml is a fantastic language with huge potential which is only unlocked
> by a
> > few London-based companies. I have a client which is exploring the
> application
> > of programming using OCaml in the development of algebra representation
> for
> > financial instruments.
>
> There's a dedicated mailing list for job-related postings:
> ocaml-jobs@inria.fr.  It might be worth posting there as well.
>
> --

曹竞帆
哈尔滨工业大学计算机科学与技术专业本科在读
哈尔滨工业大学IBMTC成员
Chingfan Tsao
Senior Student of Computer Science and Technology at HIT
Member of HIT IBMTC

* Re: [Caml-list] OCaml opportunities in London
@ 2014-11-06 16:26   ` Shayne Fletcher
From: Shayne Fletcher @ 2014-11-06 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeremy Yallop; +Cc: tcamps, Caml List

On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 6:40 AM, Jeremy Yallop <yallop@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a client which is exploring the application
> > of programming using OCaml in the development of algebra representation
> for
> > financial instruments.

​As exciting as this sounds, a newcomer will have a very hard time catching
up on Lexifi's 15+ years of experience in this domain.

--
Shayne Fletcher

* RE: [Caml-list] OCaml opportunities in London
@ 2014-11-06 17:34     ` Camps, Tony
From: Camps, Tony @ 2014-11-06 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shayne Fletcher, Jeremy Yallop; +Cc: Caml List

Hi Shayne,

Very true! Appreciate your comments – if you can think of anyone to recommend for this venture let me know ☺.

Regards,
Tony

[http://www.allegisgroup.co.uk/images/tek/tek_sig_logo.gif]
Tony Camps
T +44 (0)207 997 1026 |  M +44 (0)781 790 3478 | TCamps@teksystems.com<mailto:TCamps@teksystems.com>

[http://www.allegisgroup.co.uk/images/tek/tek_sig_linkedin.gif]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/teksystems> [http://www.allegisgroup.co.uk/images/tek/tek_sig_facebook.gif] <https://www.facebook.com/TEKsystemsJobs>  [http://www.allegisgroup.co.uk/images/tek/tek_sig_twitter.gif] <https://twitter.com/TEKsystemsJobs>

Our People Make IT Possible. Learn why.<http://www.teksystems.com>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trading under the TEKsystems brand. Registered in: England: Allegis Group Ltd, OTV House, East Wing, Wokingham Road, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG42 1NG, United Kingdom. No. 2876353. Belgium: Allegis Group SA 9 Rue Guimard, 1040 Brussels, Belgium. No. 0543691037. France: Aston Carter International SAS. 2e étage, 40-42 Rue La Boétie, 75008 Paris, France. Co Reg/Siren 499 449 494 RCS Paris. Germany: TEKsystems ist ein Geschäftsbereich der Allegis Group GmbH mit Sitz in Frankfurt am Main. Amtsgericht Frankfurt Am Main, HRB 52009, Geschäftsführer Christopher Lee Hartman. Netherlands: Allegis Group B.V., Godebaldkwartier 365, Kantoor Janssoenborch, 3e Verdieping, 3511 DT Utrecht, Nederland. Company No. 14109133. Allegis Contracting B.V., Godebaldkwartier 365, Kantoor Janssoenborch, 3e Verdieping, 3511 DT Utrecht, Nederland. Company No. 34254913. Sweden: Aston Carter International Ltd UK Filial. Grev Turegatan 3, 114 46 Stockholm, Sweden. No. 516404-0163.

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Allegis Group, Allegis Group companies or Allegis Group brands. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify postmaster@teksystems.com<mailto:postmaster@teksystems.com>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a client which is exploring the application
> of programming using OCaml in the development of algebra representation for
> financial instruments.

​As exciting as this sounds, a newcomer will have a very hard time catching up on Lexifi's 15+ years of experience in this domain.

--
Shayne Fletcher

This electronic mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or otherwise protected from disclosure to anyone other than its intended recipient(s). Any dissemination or use of this electronic mail or its contents (including any attachments) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail so that we may correct our internal records. Please then delete the original message (including any attachments) in its entirety. Thank you

* Re: [Caml-list] OCaml opportunities in London
@ 2014-11-13 19:06   ` Shayne Fletcher
From: Shayne Fletcher @ 2014-11-13 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml List