* [Caml-list] Sexplib and js_of_ocaml
       [not found]                       ` <CAOOOohTVReOVEvPB+oD3iW_b20piQA93YCQLzD-5zhhtJa5XNg@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2017-07-26  8:38                         ` Philippe Veber
From: Philippe Veber @ 2017-07-26  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml users

Dear all,

I recently noticed that sexplib parser fails with a "Too much recursion"
exception when run in the browser on a very moderately sized string
representation of an S-exp. I understand this is due to the absence of tail
call optimization (although js_of_ocaml performs it in the case of a single
recursive function). With this idea in mind, I suppose there is no simple
workaround, so I wanted to ask if anyone knew a convenient replacement for
serialization/deserialization that would work in the browser.

Cheers,
Philippe.

* Re: [Caml-list] Sexplib and js_of_ocaml
@ 2017-07-26  9:17                           ` Jeremie Dimino
From: Jeremie Dimino @ 2017-07-26  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philippe Veber; +Cc: caml users

You can use parsexp [1], which implements the same parser as sexplib
and works well in javascript.

[1] https://github.com/janestreet/parsexp

--
Jeremie

* Re: [Caml-list] Sexplib and js_of_ocaml
@ 2017-07-26  9:29                             ` Philippe Veber
From: Philippe Veber @ 2017-07-26  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeremie Dimino; +Cc: caml users