categories - Category Theory list
* PhD opportunities at the University of Birmingham
@ 2023-11-07 10:51 Paul Levy
From: Paul Levy @ 2023-11-07 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: types-announce, coalgebra, ProofTheory@lists.bath.ac.uk,
	it-moca-announce, concurrency, fom, categories

* Imminent funding deadline (1 December) - please contact us immediately if you are interested. *

Dear all,

We invite applications for PhD study at the University of Birmingham.

We are a group of (mostly) theoretical computer scientists who explore fundamental concepts in computation. Our work includes category theory, computational complexity, programming language semantics, proof theory, type theory, verification and much else besides.

See our webpage, with links to individual researchers, here:

https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/research/activity/computer-science/theory-of-computation/index.aspx<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/S36OCQnM1WfVWGZYUxtmTf?domain=birmingham.ac.uk>

Information about PhD applications may be found here:

https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/schools/computer-science/postgraduate-research/applying-for-phd-in-computer-science.aspx<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/858WCRONg6sYL9ZxhNAhma?domain=birmingham.ac.uk>

If you are considering applying, please contact any of us. We will be very happy to discuss the opportunities available.

Best regards,

The Birmingham CS theory group, including:-

Benedikt Ahrens

Rajesh Chitnis

Anupam Das

Martín Escardó

Eric Finster

Dan Ghica

Mirco Giacobbe

Paul Levy

Sonia Marin

Sean Moss

Jakub Opršal

Vincent Rahli

Uday Reddy

Eike Ritter

You're receiving this message because you're a member of the Categories mailing list group from Macquarie University. To take part in this conversation, reply all to this message.

View group files<https://outlook.office365.com/owa/categories@mq.edu.au/groupsubscription.ashx?source=EscalatedMessage&action=files&GuestId=4eb9b40c-9b3a-48a5-9781-836e5a171e8b>   |   Leave group<https://outlook.office365.com/owa/categories@mq.edu.au/groupsubscription.ashx?source=EscalatedMessage&action=leave&GuestId=4eb9b40c-9b3a-48a5-9781-836e5a171e8b>   |   Learn more about Microsoft 365 Groups<https://aka.ms/o365g>

* PhD opportunities at the University of Birmingham
@ 2014-06-30 22:32 Paul Levy
From: Paul Levy @ 2014-06-30 22:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories list

* Imminent funding deadline - please contact us immediately if you are
interested. *

Dear all,

We invite applications for PhD study at the University of Birmingham.

We are a group of (mostly) theoretical computer scientists who explore
fundamental concepts in computation and programming language
semantics. This often involves profound and surprising connections
between different areas of computer science and mathematics. From
category theory to lambda-calculus and computational effects, from
topology
to constructive mathematics, from game semantics to program
compilation, this is a diverse field of research that continues to
provide new insight and underlying structure.

See our webpage, with links to individual researchers, here:
http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/groupings/theory/

Information about PhD applications may be found here:
http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/admissions/postgraduate-research/

--

Martin Escardo    (topology, computation with infinite objects,
constructive mathematics, intuitionistic type theory)

Dan Ghica            (game semantics, heterogeneous computing, model
checking)

Achim Jung          (mathematical structures in the foundations of
computing: logic, topology, order)

Neel Krishnaswami   (type theory, verification, substructural logic,
interactive computation)

Paul Levy             (denotational semantics, lambda-calculus with
effects, nondeterminism, category theory, game semantics)

Uday Reddy        (semantics of state, separation logic)

Eike Ritter            (security protocol verification)

Hayo Thielecke  (abstract machines, concurrent and functional
programming, software security)

Steve Vickers      (constructive mathematics and topology, category
theory and toposes)

--
Paul Blain Levy
School of Computer Science, University of Birmingham

From: Paul Levy @ 2014-06-30 22:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: types-announce-nHFbR+4dATOoZA3Q9b/B0PZ8FUJU4vz8, categories list,
	fom-+I05ep9qJbk3uPMLIKxrzw,
	concurrency-JX7+OpRa80RGWJATNv3lvGZHpeb/A1Y/,
	moca-announce-HnE2qM1WCGk4M/bo5TPICw,
	ProofTheory.List-o4GsF6Y0fuwAvxtiuMwx3w

@ 2013-12-03 20:15 Paul Levy

From: Paul Levy @ 2013-12-03 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: types-announce-nHFbR+4dATOoZA3Q9b/B0PZ8FUJU4vz8, categories list,
	fom-+I05ep9qJbk3uPMLIKxrzw,
	concurrency-JX7+OpRa80RGWJATNv3lvGZHpeb/A1Y/,
	moca-announce-HnE2qM1WCGk4M/bo5TPICw,
	ProofTheory.List-o4GsF6Y0fuwAvxtiuMwx3w

[ The Types Forum (announcements only),
     http://lists.seas.upenn.edu/mailman/listinfo/types-announce ]