categories - Category Theory list
From: "Fred E.J. Linton" <fejlinton@usa.net>
To: <categories@mta.ca>
Subject: Re: Enriched adjoint functor theorem?
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 04:13:01 -0400	[thread overview]

As I recall, tho' it's a fallible memory by now 4 decades or more old,
the enrichedness of the left adjoint in an adjunction that starts with
an enriched functor in the first place follows automatically in the event
that V's underlying-set functor is faithful, i.e., that the unit object
for the internal hom-functor [-,-] is a generator.

Seems to me I probably have that in an old SLNM proceedings volume -- not
# 80, I'd think, but maybe # 99, or not much later.

HTH, and that I'm not mistaken, -- Fred