categories - Category Theory list
* Re: Current Issues in the Philosophy of Practice of Mathematics & Informatics
@ 2015-08-09  2:10 Fred E.J. Linton
From: Fred E.J. Linton @ 2015-08-09  2:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrik Eklund, Categories

A week or more ago Patrik Eklund <peklund@cs.umu.se> wrote of

> ... a "lativity" in logic ... .

Not wishing to broadcast my illiteracy in the matter, I searched high
and low for the meaning of the quoted term, to no avail: neither Google,
nor Wikipedia, nor the other contemporary search mechanisms I tried,
offered any insight whatsoever into that term.

So I ask you now, in public, where my shame can be greatest: what
do you mean by "lativity"? Anagram for "vitality"?

(Yes, I have seen -- but been mystified by -- Eklund's use of that term
in an older Categories posting, of Feb 05 2014, 09:55, with Subject:

: categories: Re: Martin-Lof type theory gentle introduction please ... .)

Many thanks. Cheers, -- Fred

[parent not found: <536THicJV0416S02.1439086221@web02.cms.usa.net>]
* Current Issues in the Philosophy of Practice of Mathematics & Informatics
@ 2015-07-24  9:12 Ralph Matthes
From: Ralph Matthes @ 2015-07-24  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

[why on the categories mailing list? some of the courses are strongly
based on category theory, and it seems that quite some subscribers to
this list are interested in connections between mathematics and philosophy]

Dear colleagues,

The thematic trimester CIPPMI "Current Issues in the Philosophy of
Practice of Mathematics & Informatics" will be held from 4th April to
1st July 2016 at the Centre International de Math??matiques et
d'Informatique de Toulouse (CIMI).

This thematic trimester is organised by an interdisciplinary team of
researchers in Mathematics, Philosophy, and Computer Science from the
Institut de Math??matiques de Toulouse (IMT) & the Institut de
Recherche en Informatique de Toulouse (IRIT).

It will feature course sessions, workshops, and a thematic school on
themes at the interface of Philosophy, Mathematics and Computer Science.

You will find all relevant information on the website of the thematic
trimester that will be regularly updated:
http://www.cimi.univ-toulouse.fr/cippmi/en

A mailing list allows you to receive the different announcements from
CIPPMI: https://sympa.math.ups-tlse.fr/wws/info/cippmi

You can register at
http://www.cimi.univ-toulouse.fr/cippmi/fr/inscriptionregistration

A funding for accommodation is available in priority for junior
researchers and for some senior researchers without funding from their
laboratory. For further information, please consult the page:
http://www.cimi.univ-toulouse.fr/cippmi/fr/boursesgrants

With apologies for cross-posting, best regards, the CIPPMI scientific
organisation committee.

---

Ralph Matthes

IRIT (CNRS & Univ. Toulouse)