categories - Category Theory list
* Algebraic closures and arithmetic universes
@ 2017-08-01  0:26 David Roberts
From: David Roberts @ 2017-08-01  0:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories@mta.ca list

Hi,

There's a question at MathOverflow on the construction of algebraic
closures in constructive mathematics by Joyal. The idea as far as I can
tell is to construct the classifying arithmetic universe for the theory of
the algebraic closure. People might either be interested or have something
to contribute

https://mathoverflow.net/q/277551/4177

I repeat my respectful call for André to release his notes of arithmetic
universes for us all to use, or at the least confirm that Maietti et al
found the same definition  :-)

Best regards,
David