categories - Category Theory list
* TAC Announcement: New Managing Editor
@ 2020-03-04 14:01 Bob Rosebrugh
From: Bob Rosebrugh @ 2020-03-04 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Dear Colleagues,

It is a great pleasure to let you know that the Editors of Theory and
Applications of Categories have elected a new Managing Editor, Geoff Cruttwell.
Geoff's work as Managing Editor has already begun and the transition has been
very smooth.

As many of you know, Geoff has been a valued colleague of mine at Mount
Allison University since 2012 where he is now a tenured Associate
Professor. Geoff is an experienced and widely published category theorist.
He has collaborated with Canadian and international colleagues, most
recently in developing the theory of tangent categories. I am extremely
grateful that Geoff's regard for community allowed him to accept the
responsibility of the Managing Editor position.

Guiding the first 25 years of TAC with the assistance of our distinguished
editors has been an incredible privilege for me. My thanks go to them and the
many of you who have contributed articles. You have made the job of Managing
Editor a constant pleasure, and I will miss interacting with you.

Best wishes to all,
Bob Rosebrugh

* Re: TAC Announcement: New Managing Editor
@ 2020-03-04 17:13 Valeria de Paiva
From: Valeria de Paiva @ 2020-03-04 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bob Rosebrugh; +Cc: categories

[Note from moderator: A number of subscrobers wrote kind words about my
former job as TAC Managing Editor. Thanks for those not otherwise
acknowledged. There were a few, perhaps inadvertent, posts to the list on
the same subject which are digested below, best to all, Bob]

Dear Bob,

Many thanks for the vision of founding TAC and the sterling work of keeping
it running all these years!
Really great work, including the very smooth transition of the Managing
Editor.
Welcome Geoff Cruttwell, you have large shoes to fill (if the idiom works
in English)!
  many thanks for accepting this daunting task!
Best wishes,
Valeria

From: <ronnie.profbrown@btinternet.com>

Dear all,

As one involved in the birth of TAC, and as an Editor for many years,
now retired, I would just like to add my appreciation for the vision of
Bob Rosebrugh, in his seeing this as a useful way of freeing the
possibilities for research mathematics publication, and in particular
for category theory, for  his sure handling of editorial matters, and
his friendliness.

Best wishes to him and to TAC for the future

Ronnie Brown

From: Emily Riehl <eriehl@math.jhu.edu>

This is wonderful news! Congratulations and thanks to the both of you for
your stewardship of this fine journal.

Emily