categories - Category Theory list
* Job: Postdoc (two years)
       [not found] <42AF4D88.50505@mcs.le.ac.uk>
@ 2005-08-29 11:56 ` ak155
From: ak155 @ 2005-08-29 11:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Apologies for multiple postings
-------------------------------
Please distribute to potential candidates

I am looking for a Research Associate (Postdoc) working with me on the
EPSRC-funded project "Coalgebras, Modal Logic, Stone Duality".  (Two
years, starting date as soon as possible)

>From the point of view of computer science, the project is about
logics for transition systems (coalgbras). From the mathematical point
of view, the project will explore the dualities arising from extending
basic, Stone-type dualities via an algebra-coalgebra duality. This
draws on results and concepts from modal logic, domain theory,
universal algebra and category theory. A background in one (or more)
of the above areas is desirable.

The official announcement and application form is available at (Ref
R2246)

   http://www.le.ac.uk/personnel/jobs/a&r.html

The applications should be submitted no later than 20 September 2005.

If you have any questions please contact me via email.

Best wishes,

Alexander

* PhD Studentship available
       [not found] <42AF4D88.50505@mcs.le.ac.uk>
@ 2005-10-05 10:12 ` Alexander Kurz
From: Alexander Kurz @ 2005-10-05 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Apologies for multiple postings
-------------------------------
Please distribute to potential candidates

Recently, I advertised a postdoc position on the EPSRC-funded project
"Coalgebras, Modal Logic, Stone Duality".

Additionally, there is now a departmentally funded PhD studentship
(GTA) available. The GTA scheme involves some teaching and runs for 4
years. Unfortunately, the position is probably only of interest to
students with an EU nationality: the university seems to be unwilling to
waive the fees for non-EU nationals.

The topic of the PhD will be in the area of "Coalgebras, Modal Logic,
Stone Duality". Repeating from my previous mail:

>From the point of view of computer science, the project is about
logics for transition systems (coalgbras). From the mathematical point
of view, the project will explore the dualities arising from extending
basic, Stone-type dualities via an algebra-coalgebra duality. This
draws on results and concepts from modal logic, domain theory,
universal algebra and category theory. A background in one (or more)
of the above areas is desirable.

The official announcement and application form is available at (Ref
E2275)

  http://www.le.ac.uk/personnel/jobs/a&r.html

The applications should be submitted no later than 18 October 2005.