categories - Category Theory list
From: johnm@math.ubc.ca
To: Bob Rosebrugh <rrosebru@mta.ca>
Cc: categories@mq.edu.au, johnm@math.ubc.ca
Subject: Re: Signing off
Date: 26 Oct 2023 21:30:41 -0700	[thread overview]

Dear Bob,

Your service over these many years has been greatly appreciated. It has
promoted many valuable connections for me and was of the utmost help to me
when holding many CT and FMCS conferences in Vancouver. I am glad to see
that this valuable forum for category theory has been transferred so
smoothly and will hopefully continue for many years to come.

Regards,

Lauchie MacDonald

>> On Oct 26, 2023, at 15:52, Bob Rosebrugh <rrosebru@mta.ca> wrote:
>>

>> Dear Colleagues,
>>
>> From March 1990 until recently it was my privilege to moderate the
>> categories mailing list. For a couple of years it has been my intention
>> to pass the list to a new moderator, but I was too slow to act. Changes
>> to IT service at my former employer, Mount Allison University, abruptly
>> made it impossible for me to continue running the list.
>>
>> Those changes were unexpected for me, but I have been away from the
>> campus for over three years and was not aware. The IT staff at Mount
>> Allison have always been very supportive of the list and I thank them
>> for their more than three decades of generous assistance.
>>
>> It is a reassuring pleasure to know that the list is now in the capable
>> hands of JS Lemay who kindly accepted the invitation to revive it. I am
>> very grateful. Moreover, there is no one better suited to the role and
>> our community is fortunate to have him moderating. I am also very happy
>> that the new home of the list is Macquarie.
>>
>> Best wishes to everyone. I am hoping to see many of you in the not
>> distant future, Bob Rosebrugh

>> Leave group:
>> https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/k8poCwV1jpS6J5YWIVTAc0?domain=outlook.office365.com<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/qs6ZCzvkmpfD6MQNsX4AO_?domain=outlook.office365.com>

You're receiving this message because you're a member of the Categories mailing list group from Macquarie University. To take part in this conversation, reply all to this message.

View group files<https://outlook.office365.com/owa/categories@mq.edu.au/groupsubscription.ashx?source=EscalatedMessage&action=files&GuestId=4eb9b40c-9b3a-48a5-9781-836e5a171e8b>   |   Leave group<https://outlook.office365.com/owa/categories@mq.edu.au/groupsubscription.ashx?source=EscalatedMessage&action=leave&GuestId=4eb9b40c-9b3a-48a5-9781-836e5a171e8b>   |   Learn more about Microsoft 365 Groups<https://aka.ms/o365g>