From: luis fernandes <elf@ee.ryerson.ca>
Subject: Re: A New Year's Resolution
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 09:53:09 -0500 (EST)	[thread overview]

The oldest unresponded message I have in my inbox is Gnus-related
personal correspondence regarding the herd of gnus for the chapters
of the Gnus manual. I'm posting it here for the record, because I'm
going to delete it without answering (I'm sorry, Lars):

  From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@ifi.uio.no>
  To: luis fernandes <elf@ee.ryerson.ca>
  Subject: Re: Dix gnus
  Date: 19 Apr 1997 15:38:12 +0200

  luis fernandes <elf@ee.ryerson.ca> writes:

  > These are all unique, hand-drawn, non-cloned (for the chapter head pages)...

  Great; I'll fix the manual to use this as a basis.

  Uhm...  could you possibly scan it at higher resolution?  The higher,
  the better.

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen

Some weeks ago, someone wanted an explanation regarding the design of
the gnus logo. I believe I did post a "Secrets of the Gnus Logo
Revealed!" explanation to this list some time ago.

Also regading the logo I also wanted to share this apropos quote I
found in the New York Sunday Times Magazine (the one with Robin
Williams on the cover and the Times time capsule in the background
(hmmm....what would we put in the Gnus time capsule)):

	"Artists are people driven by a conflict between the desire to
	communicate and the even stronger desire to hide."
	--D. W. Winnicott