From: wjhardaker@ucdavis.edu
Subject: Re: A New Year's Resolution
Date: 03 Jan 2000 10:43:36 -0800	[thread overview]

>>>>> On 02 Jan 2000 07:11:24 +0100, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> said:

Lars> I wonder whether I'm going to accidentally lean on the `d' key
Lars> now.  Is there any point in responding to mail that more than 4
Lars> months old?

You know, I wonder how many software package owners have similar
problems (and what they do about it).  My problem is that I enter a
folder, and immediately hit C-M-> out of habit and only look at the
last few.  My mailing list for my coders mailing list (ding list
equivalent) has 181 unread messages in it (which indicates messages I
need to deal with).  And I wonder the same thing.  Is it worth the
effort to respond when some of them are that old?  They have certainly
either solved the problem, discussion, or simply dropped it without my
help at this point...

Sigh...

Let me know if you succeed.  I tend to do the "Lars Heavy Response
Wave" like you do where I hit huge mass mailing periods then enter
silence again for a while.
--
"Ninjas aren't dangerous.  They're more afraid of you than you are of them."