* nnfolder bug in Oort 0.15
@ 2003-02-27 15:13 Michael Sperber [Mr.  Preprocessor]
From: Michael Sperber [Mr.  Preprocessor] @ 2003-02-27 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi there,

just the bother day, a "B c" from an nnml group to an nnfolder group
created a split "From " line, roughly like so:

From xxx@xxx.xxx.de  Tue Feb 25 16:26:30
 2003

(It was longer in the original.)

Unfortunately, the nnfolder backend seems to be unable to read these
mails back in---they don't appear in the Summary or the .nov files.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike

* Re: nnfolder bug in Oort 0.15
@ 2003-02-27 15:56 ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2003-02-27 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

sperber@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de (Michael Sperber [Mr.  Preprocessor]) writes:

> Hi there,
>
> just the bother day, a "B c" from an nnml group to an nnfolder group
> created a split "From " line, roughly like so:
>
> From xxx@xxx.xxx.de  Tue Feb 25 16:26:30
>  2003
>
> (It was longer in the original.)
>
> Unfortunately, the nnfolder backend seems to be unable to read these
> mails back in---they don't appear in the Summary or the .nov files.

Could you post the original article in nnml group?

ShengHuo

* Re: nnfolder bug in Oort 0.15
@ 2003-02-27 20:55   ` Michael Sperber [Mr.  Preprocessor]
From: Michael Sperber [Mr.  Preprocessor] @ 2003-02-27 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

ZSH> sperber@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de (Michael Sperber [Mr.  Preprocessor]) writes:

>> Hi there,
ZSH> >
>> just the bother day, a "B c" from an nnml group to an nnfolder group
>> created a split "From " line, roughly like so:
ZSH> >
>> From xxx@xxx.xxx.de  Tue Feb 25 16:26:30
>>  2003
ZSH> >
>> (It was longer in the original.)
ZSH> >
>> Unfortunately, the nnfolder backend seems to be unable to read these
>> mails back in---they don't appear in the Summary or the .nov files.

ZSH> Could you post the original article in nnml group?

Not verbatim---it's a confidential message.  What aspects are you
specifically interested in?  (In the original headers in the nnml
group, none of the relevant headers was split across several lines.)

--
Cheers =8-} Mike

* Re: nnfolder bug in Oort 0.15
@ 2003-02-27 21:31     ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2003-02-27 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

sperber@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de (Michael Sperber [Mr.  Preprocessor]) writes:
[...]

> Not verbatim---it's a confidential message.  What aspects are you
> specifically interested in?  (In the original headers in the nnml
> group, none of the relevant headers was split across several lines.)

The headers. If you can reproduce the bug after replacing the
confidential characters with "x", the pseudo message will be good
enough for debugging.

ShengHuo

* Re: nnfolder bug in Oort 0.15
@ 2003-02-28 10:43       ` Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor]
From: Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor] @ 2003-02-28 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

ZSH> sperber@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de (Michael Sperber [Mr.  Preprocessor]) writes:
ZSH> [...]

>> Not verbatim---it's a confidential message.  What aspects are you
>> specifically interested in?  (In the original headers in the nnml
>> group, none of the relevant headers was split across several lines.)

Turns out I was wrong---Gnus would only *display* the X-From-Line
header (in the original nnml group) in one line like so:

Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 16:26:22 +0100 (MET)
To: sperber@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
Subject: [...]

However, the actual file on the disk has

(I can reproduce the phenomenon with the xxx's.)

Thanks for looking into this!

--
Cheers =8-} Mike

* Re: nnfolder bug in Oort 0.15
@ 2003-02-28 13:23         ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2003-02-28 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

sperber@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de (Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor]) writes:

[...]

> However, the actual file on the disk has

> (I can reproduce the phenomenon with the xxx's.)
>
> Thanks for looking into this!

Fixed.

ShengHuo