* drafts (not queue) and message-setup-hook
@ 2000-05-04 13:40 Pavel Janík ml.
From: Pavel Janík ml. @ 2000-05-04 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

remember the bug I reported about two weeks ago? In Unplugged, I sent every
mail into queue and when I got IP connection, I sent them via J S. Gnus will
then run message-setup-hook for every message I had in the queue (and as I
have an interactive question there, it was really annoying). It is fixed now,
but the same bug is in the drafts alone. I just wrote a very long letter that
was started yesterday. I have it finished now, so I'd like to send it via
gnus-draft-send-message. And the message-setup-hook is already called. I think
that it is not needed, because if the message is in the draft, it has been
already set up. Am I right?
--
Pavel Janík ml.
Pavel.Janik@inet.cz

* Re: drafts (not queue) and message-setup-hook
@ 2000-05-04 14:10 ` Shenghuo ZHU
From: Shenghuo ZHU @ 2000-05-04 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Pavel> Hi,

Pavel> remember the bug I reported about two weeks ago? In Unplugged,
Pavel> I sent every mail into queue and when I got IP connection, I
Pavel> sent them via J S. Gnus will then run message-setup-hook for
Pavel> every message I had in the queue (and as I have an interactive
Pavel> question there, it was really annoying). It is fixed now, but
Pavel> the same bug is in the drafts alone. I just wrote a very long
Pavel> letter that was started yesterday. I have it finished now, so
Pavel> I'd like to send it via gnus-draft-send-message. And the
Pavel> message-setup-hook is already called. I think that it is not
Pavel> needed, because if the message is in the draft, it has been
Pavel> already set up. Am I right?

Message-setup-hook should not be called if it is in nndraft:queue, but
the hook should be called if it is in nndraft:draft, because it has
not been set up. By default, the hook is nil, so it does not matter.
What did you put in message-setup-hook?

--
Shenghuo

* Re: drafts (not queue) and message-setup-hook
@ 2000-05-04 15:04   ` Pavel Janík ml.
From: Pavel Janík ml. @ 2000-05-04 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

   From: Shenghuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu>
   Date: 04 May 2000 10:10:41 -0400

   > Message-setup-hook should not be called if it is in nndraft:queue, but
   > the hook should be called if it is in nndraft:draft, because it has not
   > been set up.

I thought, that one can get the draft only via sending mail and C-x C-s so the
message is already setup.

   > By default, the hook is nil, so it does not matter.  What did you put in
   > message-setup-hook?

There is my function which is asking me about input method, ispell-directory
etc. It also checks if it is a reply or not and if it is, the function tries
to guess everything.
--

@ 2000-05-04 16:22     ` Shenghuo ZHU
From: Shenghuo ZHU @ 2000-05-04 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Pavel>    From: Shenghuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu>
Pavel>    Date: 04 May 2000 10:10:41 -0400

>> Message-setup-hook should not be called if it is in nndraft:queue, but
>> the hook should be called if it is in nndraft:draft, because it has not
>> been set up.

Pavel> I thought, that one can get the draft only via sending mail and
Pavel> C-x C-s so the message is already setup.

Queue and drafts are quite different. The drafts group is used for
auto-saving and unfinished composition, so the characters are
internally encoded, and mml tags are not encoded.  But, the queue
group is used for queuing the mails to be sent, so everything is
setup.

>> By default, the hook is nil, so it does not matter.  What did you
>> put in message-setup-hook?

Pavel> There is my function which is asking me about input method,
Pavel> ispell-directory etc. It also checks if it is a reply or not
Pavel> and if it is, the function tries to guess everything.

If you don't want to run those functions for drafts, you can check the
value of gnus-newsgroup-name in those functions.

--
Shenghuo