* help a cvs newbie? (cvs login hangs after password)
@ 2001-11-03  0:03 Bill White
From: Bill White @ 2001-11-03  0:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Until Lars reinstates the nightly cvs snapshots, I'd like to get gnus
from cvs.  There's a problem though - things seem to hang after I
enter the password, and I eventually interrupt the command.

I'm on a linux box ("seton", below), dialed into some machine at work
that's behind a firewall.  How can I access cvs.gnus.org?

,----[ ~/.bashrc ]
`----

,----[ *shell* buffer ]
| [billw@seton billw]$ cvs -d :pserver:gnus@cvs.gnus.org:/usr/local/cvsroot login
| (Logging in to gnus@cvs.gnus.org)
| CVS password: (here I typed "gnus" and waited)
| cvs [login aborted]: received interrupt signal
| [billw@seton billw]$ CVS_RSH=ssh
| [billw@seton billw]$ cvs -d :pserver:gnus@cvs.gnus.org:/usr/local/cvsroot login
| (Logging in to gnus@cvs.gnus.org)
| CVS password: (here I typed "gnus" and waited)
| cvs [login aborted]: received interrupt signal
| [billw@seton billw]$
`----

Thanks -

bw
--
Bill White                                               Office: 5E-Z15
Documentation Programmer                      Phone: 217-398-0700 x 234

* Re: help a cvs newbie? (cvs login hangs after password)
@ 2001-11-03  0:04 ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2001-11-03  0:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Bill White" <billw@wolfram.com> writes:

> Until Lars reinstates the nightly cvs snapshots, I'd like to get gnus
> from cvs.  There's a problem though - things seem to hang after I
> enter the password, and I eventually interrupt the command.
>
> I'm on a linux box ("seton", below), dialed into some machine at work
> that's behind a firewall.  How can I access cvs.gnus.org?

If the problem is because of the firewall and you can use CONNECT
command of the HTTP proxy, try patch your cvs to use HTTP tunnel.  The
patch is at

    http://www.cvshome.org/cyclic/cvs/dev-http.txt

ShengHuo