* help a cvs newbie? (cvs login hangs after password)
@ 2001-11-03  0:03 Bill White
From: Bill White @ 2001-11-03  0:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Until Lars reinstates the nightly cvs snapshots, I'd like to get gnus
from cvs.  There's a problem though - things seem to hang after I
enter the password, and I eventually interrupt the command.

I'm on a linux box ("seton", below), dialed into some machine at work
that's behind a firewall.  How can I access cvs.gnus.org?

,----[ ~/.bashrc ]
`----

,----[ *shell* buffer ]
| [billw@seton billw]$ cvs -d :pserver:gnus@cvs.gnus.org:/usr/local/cvsroot login
| (Logging in to gnus@cvs.gnus.org)
| CVS password: (here I typed "gnus" and waited)
| cvs [login aborted]: received interrupt signal
| [billw@seton billw]$ CVS_RSH=ssh
| [billw@seton billw]$ cvs -d :pserver:gnus@cvs.gnus.org:/usr/local/cvsroot login
| (Logging in to gnus@cvs.gnus.org)
| CVS password: (here I typed "gnus" and waited)
| cvs [login aborted]: received interrupt signal
| [billw@seton billw]$
`----

Thanks -

bw
--
Bill White                                               Office: 5E-Z15
Documentation Programmer                      Phone: 217-398-0700 x 234