* spam-get-article-as-filename needed?
@ 2003-02-24 17:57 Kevin Greiner
From: Kevin Greiner @ 2003-02-24 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

I was looking at the compilation logs only to see that spam.el
generated a couple of warning messages concerning
nnml-current-directory and nnml-possibly-change-directory.

After checking a little further, I found that
  1) The only dependencies to nnml are in
     spam-get-article-as-filename.
  2) spam-get-article-as-filename is functionally equivalent to
     nnml-article-to-file except that the later appears to handle
     compressed files (see nnml-use-compressed-files).
  3) I can't find any calls to spam-get-article-as-filename.

I don't want to touch spam.el since I'm not at all familiar with that
code.  Still, I'd like to see the compilation warnings resolved.

It seems to me that the options are:
1) Add (require 'nnml) to spam.el
2) Delete spam-get-article-as-filename
3) Rewrite spam-get-article-as-filename to implicitly depend on
   nnml-article-as-file.  For example,
      (defun spam-get-article-as-filename (article)
        (funcall 'nnml-article-to-file article))

Kevin