* Ham/Spam how does it work ?
@ 2003-06-12 17:50 Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2003-06-12 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am now using spam.el for months and seems I use my Gnus quite often,
I was expecting spam to be carried out from 'legal' group
automagically: I mean when fecthing new mails.

But it is not ! :(

At least for me.

So I know my setup is good (but in case of doubt, I
can post it), and that marking article as spam, and/or quitting a group
do the right job (moving spam to the spam group, etc...).

My question is more directed to bogofilter performance than other.

How can I train easily and without too much effort, bogofilter through
the Gnus spam-group feature ?

A friend of mine has recently sent to me a 4Mb tar archives full of
spam (yeah it rocks), but I don't really know how to play with all this
stuff.

The aim behind this is to inject all this s*t into my dedicated
spam-group group and train bogofilter in it. I am fairly sure that the
bad quality of the spam detection in my groups comes from this: didn't
train it enough before.

Am I right or am I missing something ?

Thx,

zeDek
--
http://www.gnusfr.org -- French Gnus user site

Anti-war disclaimer:
	"Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity"

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 188 bytes --]

* Re: Ham/Spam how does it work ?
@ 2003-06-13 14:38 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2003-06-13 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, zedek@gnu-rox.org wrote:
> I am now using spam.el for months and seems I use my Gnus quite
> often, I was expecting spam to be carried out from 'legal' group
> automagically: I mean when fecthing new mails.
>
> But it is not ! :(
>
> At least for me.
>
> So I know my setup is good (but in case of doubt, I can post it),
> and that marking article as spam, and/or quitting a group do the
> right job (moving spam to the spam group, etc...).

Make sure your spam-destination parameter is set correctly.  What does

(gnus-parameter-spam-process-destination "legal")

return?

> My question is more directed to bogofilter performance than other.
>
> How can I train easily and without too much effort, bogofilter
> through the Gnus spam-group feature ?
>
> A friend of mine has recently sent to me a 4Mb tar archives full of
> spam (yeah it rocks), but I don't really know how to play with all
> this stuff.
>
> The aim behind this is to inject all this s*t into my dedicated
> spam-group group and train bogofilter in it. I am fairly sure that
> the bad quality of the spam detection in my groups comes from this:
> didn't train it enough before.

Right now, you have to do it from the command line.  Mass training
will come into spam.el, it's planned for later this year (patches
welcome, of course).

Ted