From: Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com>
Cc: "Stefan Reichör" <xsteve@riic.at>, ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: spam-split with bogofilter
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 15:35:50 -0500	[thread overview]

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, keichwa@gmx.net wrote:
> Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:
>
>> (setq gnus-spam-process-newsgroups
>>       '(("nnml:mail\\..*"
>>       (gnus-group-spam-exit-processor-bogofilter
>> 			   gnus-group-ham-exit-processor-bogofilter)))
>>       gnus-spam-process-destinations '(("nnml:mail\\..*"
>>       "nnml:spambox")) spam-junk-mailgroups '("nnml:spambox")
>>       spam-split-group "nnml:spambox")
>>
>> "nnml:spambox" does not match the spam-exit-processor or the
>> ham-exit-processor you have selected.  What you have will process
>> spam and ham only when you're in a "nnml:mail.*" group.  Which is
>> OK, since you have spam-process-destination set to go to
>> "nnml:spambox" so the processed spam will go there.  It's just that
>> in "nnml:spambox" nothing will happen.
>
> Is it okay to add spambox this way:
>
> (setq gnus-spam-process-newsgroups
>       '(("nnml:\\(mail\\..*\\|spambox\\)"
>                           ;; ^^^^^^^^ add spambox here?
>                           (gnus-group-spam-exit-processor-bogofilter
> 			   gnus-group-ham-exit-processor-bogofilter)))

That works, you can also put a separate entry in the list variable -
customize it and you'll see what I mean.  I think that's cleaner
(IMHO) than compound regular expressions.

> Is it necessary to provide a gnus-ham-process-destinations setting,
> too?

It's necessary iff you want ham, when processed, to go somewhere else
when you are in a spam group.  Since you said you want that, it is
necessary to set the ham-process-destination parameter.

> How?

Do 'G c' on "spambox" to customize the group parameters, or customize
the variable gnus-ham-process-destinations.

> I want false positives to go thru the usual split procedure.

There's no "respooling" action yet, you can only set
ham-process-destination to a group name.  If you *really* want to
respool, I guess we can add a 'respool option to the
spam/ham-process-destination parameters, in addition to a group name.

Ted