* Splitting again ?
@ 2002-12-05  9:02 Fabrice Popineau
From: Fabrice Popineau @ 2002-12-05  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Maybe this is a FAQ : is it possible to split again an nnml: mailbox?
I mean applying again the rules and possibly move messages to other
nnml mailboxes.

Thaks for any,

--
Fabrice Popineau
------------------------

* Re: Splitting again ?
@ 2002-12-05  9:21 ` Marco Lonsing
From: Marco Lonsing @ 2002-12-05  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Fabrice Popineau <Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Maybe this is a FAQ : is it possible to split again an nnml: mailbox?
> I mean applying again the rules and possibly move messages to other
> nnml mailboxes.
>
> Thaks for any,

Do you mean B r (respooling) the article?.

--
Marco Lonsing
Mathematik XI - Numerik	       email: Marco.Lonsing@ruhr-uni-bochum.de

* Re: Splitting again ?
@ 2002-12-05  9:24   ` Fabrice Popineau
From: Fabrice Popineau @ 2002-12-05  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

* Marco Lonsing <Marco.Lonsing@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> writes:

> Do you mean B r (respooling) the article?.

Possibly yes, I mean especially: what side effect does it have (if
any) a part from sendind it again through the splitting rules? Because
I envisage to apply this to a bunch of big mailboxes to get a finer
grain of splitting.

--
Fabrice

* Re: Splitting again ?
@ 2002-12-05  9:37     ` Marco Lonsing
From: Marco Lonsing @ 2002-12-05  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Fabrice Popineau <Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr> writes:

> * Marco Lonsing <Marco.Lonsing@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> writes:
>
>> Do you mean B r (respooling) the article?.
>
> Possibly yes, I mean especially: what side effect does it have (if
> any) a part from sendind it again through the splitting rules? Because
> I envisage to apply this to a bunch of big mailboxes to get a finer
> grain of splitting.

None side effect I know of. AFAIK it simply does what the description
says:

--

@ 2002-12-05 11:03   ` Sean Neakums
From: Sean Neakums @ 2002-12-05 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

commence  Marco Lonsing quotation:

> Fabrice Popineau <Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Maybe this is a FAQ : is it possible to split again an nnml:
>> mailbox?  I mean applying again the rules and possibly move
>> messages to other nnml mailboxes.
>>
>> Thaks for any,
>
> Do you mean B r (respooling) the article?.

B q is also useful, if you are testing modifications to your rules.

--
[|] Sean Neakums            |  Questions are a burden to others;