* imap support
@ 1998-06-19  2:16 Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 1998-06-19  2:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Anyone interested in IMAP support for Gnus should have a look at:

http://vic20.dzp.se/gnus-imap/

I'd like to hear if anyone else is working on this, and if some
coordination of efforts is possible.

/S

* IMAP support
@ 1997-08-02 16:15 Steve Dunham
From: Steve Dunham @ 1997-08-02 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is anyone actively working on IMAP support?  The only IMAP backend I can
find is at

 /afs/afs_sites/cs.cmu.edu/project/systems-visigoth/src/emacs/nnimap

which has the following problems:

   Can't tell the difference between read and unread messages
   Can't delete messages
   Doesn't handle server disconnect gracefully. (i.e. it can't
reconnect)

It also seems to use a bit more bandwidth to get the message list than
the evil mail reader I'm currently stuck with.

I'm just wondering if anyone is working on it. (As you can tell from
the message header, I'm getting desperate.)

Steve
dunham@cps.msu.edu