* Help - function to get/read new mails in a group
@ 1998-05-08 23:54 jgrass
From: jgrass @ 1998-05-08 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I'm trying to find a function in GNUS that will open a group, get all
new articles in that group and read the group. I'd like to use the
function with xbuffy/xbiff like commands.

I couldn't find such a function and here is what I came up with:

(defun gnus-visit-group (group)
  (gnus-get-unread-articles-in-group
   (gnus-get-info group) (gnus-active group) t)
  (gnus-fetch-group group)
  )

When I did:

(gnus-visit-group "nnfolder+jgrass:inbox")

It doesn't seem to do the trick. Any suggestions?

JG

* Re: Help - function to get/read new mails in a group
@ 1998-05-11 15:52 ` Wes Hardaker
From: Wes Hardaker @ 1998-05-11 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

jgrass> I'm trying to find a function in GNUS that will open a group,
jgrass> get all new articles in that group and read the group. I'd
jgrass> like to use the function with xbuffy/xbiff like commands.

I've always wanted a similar storage of information on retrieval from a
mail server...  I thought about hacking gnus to save the headers into
a separate file so you could run something like mh's 'scan -file BLAH'
on it and put the results in a buffer, but haven't ever had the time.

--
"Ninjas aren't dangerous.  They're more afraid of you than you are of them."

* Re: Help - function to get/read new mails in a group
@ 1998-05-11 17:26   ` Darren/Torin/Who Ever...
From: Darren/Torin/Who Ever... @ 1998-05-11 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)