From: kai.grossjohann@gmx.net (Kai Großjohann)
Subject: Re: 2003-04-01 / gnus-cache-enter-article vs. "offline articles"
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 15:20:55 +0200	[thread overview]

Jochen_Hayek@ACM.org writes:

> if I cache an article on an NNTP server using gnus-cache-enter-article,
> I obviously do have this article on my local disc,
> at least something "somehow local".
>
> But for viewing these local articles,
> I still have to go online,
> as for entering the respective group being online is necessary, right?

Yeah.  It's unfortunate.  I think that there are plans to change the
Agent so that it looks at cached articles in addition to the
downloaded ones.  So you could just go offline and enter the group at
that point.

But it seems that what you want is to use the Agent, instead of the
cache, to work offline.

(Currently, I think it works to enter a group, then use `Y c', to see
cached articles while offline (unplugged).)