* POP3 mail worries
@ 2000-01-14 21:04 Frank Hart
From: Frank Hart @ 2000-01-14 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Okay, I'm at forehand very sorry, but I'm trying to use Gnus as my mail
reader for a week now and it's just not working. I used Gnus a (long)
time ago with my local spool and that went fine. All the subscribed
newsgroups are showing and every change I make in .gnus has the desired
affect, except mail ;-(
I've checked if the mail groups were zombies, but that wasn't the case.
Also, the slashdot option isn't working yet, but I admit I haven't put
very much effort into this.

Here's my (still young) .gnus:
;; Setup file for Gnus
;; Frank Hart <frhart@home.nl>

(setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "news.groni1.gr.nl.home.com"))
(setq gnus-secundary-select-methods
	'(nnslashdot ""))
(setq mail-sources
	'(pop
	 :server "mail.home.nl"
	 :user "******"
	 :password "*******"))
(setq gnus-check-new-newsgroups nil)
(setq gnus-read-active-file 'some)
(setq gnus-nov-is-evil nil)
(setq gnus-save-killed-list nil)
(add-hook 'gnus-group-mode-hook 'gnus-topic-mode)
(setq browse-url-browser-function 'browse-url-netscape)
(setq gnus-expert-user t)
(setq gnus-subscribe-topics t)

I don't get any errors when starting Gnus either. So I guess you can say
I'm somewhat lost here...

TIA for any help.

--
Frank Hart - mailto:frhart@home.nl
SuSE Linux 6.3 - Kernel 2.2.14 on a i686 450 Mhz with 128 Mb RAM