* what is the best way to include code snippets in plain mail body
@ 2023-11-11 13:21 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2023-11-11 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi

Sometimes I have to include an example which is some code.
If it is on a emacs mailing list I would do
#+begin_src
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{mathtools}
\mathtoolsset{showonlyrefs}
\usepackage[colorlinks]{hyperref}
\usepackage{xpatch}
\makeatletter
\xpretocmd\HyRef@autoref{\noeqref{#2}}{}{}% small hack
\makeatother
#+end_src

And this  is fine.

If I write to an author that used some html based mail, (using a gmail
account or thunderbird) I would use org-mime to htmlize the above code,
but in general I would use

,----
| \documentclass{article}
| \usepackage{mathtools}
| \mathtoolsset{showonlyrefs}
| \usepackage[colorlinks]{hyperref}
| \usepackage{xpatch}
| \makeatletter
| \xpretocmd\HyRef@autoref{\noeqref{#2}}{}{}% small hack
| \makeatother
`----

Is there any better way for plain based mailing lists say

Regards

Uwe Brauer

--
I strongly condemn Hamas heinous atrocities on Israel, especially the despicable pogroms.
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against Ukraine.