* when customizing posting-style my emails become SPAMS
@ 2011-01-24 16:48 Francis Moreau
From: Francis Moreau @ 2011-01-24 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi !

I customize a group like the following

(setq gnus-parameters
      '(("nnimap\\+home:INBOX"
          (gcc-self . t)
	  (gnus-large-newsgroup nil)
	  (eval (setq message-sendmail-extra-arguments '("-a" "home")))
           (posting-style
             (name "Francis Moreau")
	     (address "fmoreau@gmail.com")))))

After setting 'address', my smtp server consider all my emails I sent as
SPAMS.

If I remove 'address', it works fine.

Could anybody tell me what's going on ?

Thanks
--
Francis

* Re: when customizing posting-style my emails become SPAMS
@ 2011-01-24 17:30 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2011-01-24 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 17:48:31 +0100 Francis Moreau <francis.moro@gmail.com> wrote:

FM> I customize a group like the following

FM> (setq gnus-parameters
FM>       '(("nnimap\\+home:INBOX"
FM>           (gcc-self . t)
FM> 	  (gnus-large-newsgroup nil)
FM> 	  (eval (setq message-sendmail-extra-arguments '("-a" "home")))
FM>            (posting-style
FM>              (name "Francis Moreau")
FM> 	     (address "fmoreau@gmail.com")))))

FM> After setting 'address', my smtp server consider all my emails I sent as
FM> SPAMS.

FM> If I remove 'address', it works fine.

FM> Could anybody tell me what's going on ?

My guess is that you're authenticated to the server as another address
and overriding that is triggering some anti-SPAM rule on the server.

Ted

* Re: when customizing posting-style my emails become SPAMS
@ 2011-01-24 20:07   ` Francis Moreau
From: Francis Moreau @ 2011-01-24 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ted Zlatanov; +Cc: ding

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 17:48:31 +0100 Francis Moreau <francis.moro@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> FM> I customize a group like the following
>
> FM> (setq gnus-parameters
> FM>       '(("nnimap\\+home:INBOX"
> FM>           (gcc-self . t)
> FM> 	  (gnus-large-newsgroup nil)
> FM> 	  (eval (setq message-sendmail-extra-arguments '("-a" "home")))
> FM>            (posting-style
> FM>              (name "Francis Moreau")
> FM> 	     (address "fmoreau@gmail.com")))))
>
> FM> After setting 'address', my smtp server consider all my emails I sent as
> FM> SPAMS.
>
> FM> If I remove 'address', it works fine.
>
> FM> Could anybody tell me what's going on ?
>
> My guess is that you're authenticated to the server as another address
> and overriding that is triggering some anti-SPAM rule on the server.

Unfortunately not, actually it's even worth than that: if I change the
address to some other value, it works !

--

@ 2011-01-24 20:31     ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2011-01-24 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 21:07:01 +0100 Francis Moreau <francis.moro@gmail.com> wrote:

FM> Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:
>> On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 17:48:31 +0100 Francis Moreau <francis.moro@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
FM> I customize a group like the following
>>
FM> (setq gnus-parameters
FM> '(("nnimap\\+home:INBOX"
FM> (gcc-self . t)
FM> (gnus-large-newsgroup nil)
FM> (eval (setq message-sendmail-extra-arguments '("-a" "home")))
FM> (posting-style
FM> (name "Francis Moreau")
FM> (address "fmoreau@gmail.com")))))
>>
FM> After setting 'address', my smtp server consider all my emails I sent as
FM> SPAMS.
>>
FM> If I remove 'address', it works fine.
>>
FM> Could anybody tell me what's going on ?
>>
>> My guess is that you're authenticated to the server as another address
>> and overriding that is triggering some anti-SPAM rule on the server.

FM> Unfortunately not, actually it's even worth than that: if I change the
FM> address to some other value, it works !

Could you talk to your server administrator?

Does this happen with other MUAs besides Gnus?  It really doesn't seem
like a Gnus issue exclusively, although perhaps Gnus can give you a way
to fix the problem once you know where it is.

Ted

* Re: when customizing posting-style my emails become SPAMS
@ 2011-01-24 20:54       ` Francis Moreau
From: Francis Moreau @ 2011-01-24 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ted Zlatanov; +Cc: ding

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 21:07:01 +0100 Francis Moreau <francis.moro@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> FM> Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:
>>> On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 17:48:31 +0100 Francis Moreau <francis.moro@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
> FM> I customize a group like the following
>>>
> FM> (setq gnus-parameters
> FM> '(("nnimap\\+home:INBOX"
> FM> (gcc-self . t)
> FM> (gnus-large-newsgroup nil)
> FM> (eval (setq message-sendmail-extra-arguments '("-a" "home")))
> FM> (posting-style
> FM> (name "Francis Moreau")
> FM> (address "fmoreau@gmail.com")))))
>>>
> FM> After setting 'address', my smtp server consider all my emails I sent as
> FM> SPAMS.
>>>
> FM> If I remove 'address', it works fine.
>>>
> FM> Could anybody tell me what's going on ?
>>>
>>> My guess is that you're authenticated to the server as another address
>>> and overriding that is triggering some anti-SPAM rule on the server.
>
> FM> Unfortunately not, actually it's even worth than that: if I change the
> FM> address to some other value, it works !
>
> Could you talk to your server administrator?

That's what I'm going to do.

> Does this happen with other MUAs besides Gnus?  It really doesn't seem
> like a Gnus issue exclusively, although perhaps Gnus can give you a way
> to fix the problem once you know where it is.

You're probably right, that doesn't look to be a Gnus issue.

Thanks
--
Francis