From: ssSslang <sssslang@163.com>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: cannot get all of mail from local file
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 22:18:14 +0800	[thread overview]

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> writes:

> I don't see what happens in your system.  But old tricks I'll do
> in such a case for the nnml groups are:

sorry for my poor English, maybe I cannot describe it well.

> 1.
> Run the `M-x nnml-generate-nov-databases RET' command to rebuild
> the NOV files (you can find them as ~/Mail/GroupName/.overview).
> It is harmless but will take time.  To rebuild a NOV file per
> group, use `nnml-generate-nov-databases-directory' instead.
> In the later case, you need to enter a directory name like
> ~/Mail/GroupName/.
>
> The next one might not need to perform.
> \f
> 2.
> Remove manually the nnml marks files, that you can find as
>
> ~/Mail/GroupName/.marks
>
> in each nnml group.  Those files will be rebuilt automatically
> based on the records having been saved in the newsrc database
> when Gnus accesses the groups.  But please note that you may
> possibly lose the marks, moreover the articles.  For instance,
> if you've configured the group to be expirable, the old ticked
> articles in the group might be expired if those tick marks are
> lost for some reason.  To prevent such a trouble, make sure
> those articles are definitely marked when you first enter the
> group.  Expiring articles will be done when you exit the group.

I did the above two method, but seems it doesn't work.

My problem is that: when enter gnus with new mail for the first time,
gnus doesn't report the right number of new messages in the group
buffer(the messages buffer show the correct number). e.g. sometimes a
group with new mail will not appear(I configure gnus show the groups
only have new message) in the group buffer, other ones with less(seems)
new messages stand there. Then I quit gnus and start it again, the
disappeared group which has new messages now appear. Now I'm confused.
--
ssSslang