* Gnus appends newlines to mails fetched from spool
@ 2000-10-11  7:50 Matthias Wiehl
From: Matthias Wiehl @ 2000-10-11  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have Gnus fetching my incoming mail from /var/mail/$USER and
splitting it up into a couple of folders.  Everything works fine, but
I noticed that Gnus appends a newline to every mail it fetches, and
increases the value of the "Lines:" header by one.

The relevant parts of my ~/.gnus.el look like this:

,----
| (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods '((nnfolder "private")))
| (setq mail-sources '((file)))
| (setq nnfolder-directory "~/Mail")
| (setq nnmail-split-methods
|       '(("foo" "bar@baz\.com")
|         ; [...]
|         ("other" "")))
`----

Does anybody know how to avoid those newlines?  Thanks in advance!