* Gnus refuses to connect after suspend and resume in different network, but Gnus in fresh emacs works
@ 2023-01-06 14:22 Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2023-01-06 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Platform: amd64, debian 11.6 "bullseye"
          GNU Emacs 27.1,
          Gnus v5.13 (native gnus of emas 27.1)

I started the emacs process at home and ran Gnus it in for several days.

Yesterday I unplugged gnus at home, and suspended the laptop.

Today I resumed the laptop in a different LAN and tried to plug in the
unplugged gnus.

But gnus was unable to connect.

So I stopped gnus and started gnus in the old emacs process, but gnus
was still unable to connect.

But gnus started from a fresh emacs process worked fine.

Is there a way to figure out what's gone wrong with the old emacs
process?  I suspect a cached DNS server?  Is there a way to find out if
that is the case?

Has anyone else observed this behaviour?

Does anyone know how to fix this (other than starting a new emacs)?

Thanks!