* 'g' on Topic line in group buffer gives error
@ 2019-08-17  5:05 Bob Newell
From: Bob Newell @ 2019-08-17  5:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Aloha,

Before reporting this as a bug, I'd like to ask if anyone else sees this
behavior (my gnus startup file has become, um, complex and I sometimes
make my own trouble).

I use topics in the group buffer, and I fetch mail with 'g'. If the
cursor is on a line with a group name, no trouble. If the cursor is on a
topic name or a blank line, I get one of those number-or-marker-p
errors. My guess is that gnus is trying find out if there are unread
articles but doesn't have a valid group name. Only a guess.

There are many possible workarounds and I have one in place, but still.

Anyone else see this, or is it just my weird and convoluted setup[1]?

Mahalo in advance,

--
Bob Newell
Honolulu, Hawai`i

[1] Although I suspect weird and convoluted gnus setups are more the
norm than the exception.